Tuesday, September 19, 2006

 

The Long Strange Trip

Wow. Can you believe it? It's already been a year since Mike and I took over the store. I was searching my Beam-addled memory bank to come up with a few nuggets of note. Here are some of my favorites. Feel free to add some of your own.

1. Mark Haarman. This guy was a trip. Who would have thought quick-thinking Connor came up with the best idea of all...locking the door.

2. Uncle Mike at RTDA. Sorry, Dude. Can't let you forget that crank-masher.

3. Drunken Chrissy. Remember her. She ran away from her husband and kids in Waconia and came in looking for a little "company". Six months later she came back with her "Friend" Jilly. You can lose that number.

4. Gravity meets TV. TV loses. While fixing the front lights I accidentally toppled the TV in front. Ooops. I like our new TV better, anyway.

5. Stuart has public sex. We all witnessed what a ladies man Stuart is. The "Mack Daddy" practically broke the easy chair saying "Howdy" to the lovely Laura.

6. Meeting Biscuits. A free cigar given to a stranger leads to "Milagro" and a lifelong friend of Cigar Jones.

7. Drunky McDrunk. A sad (but sometimes humorous) story. Hope she gets the help she so desperately needs.

8. The Kids Are Alright. We had an infusion of younger customers. Andrew, Sam, Jon, Colin and all their buddies. ID please?

9. While I was on vacation this Spring Break, I missed all the fun Chester The Jester brought to the table. By the time I returned, he was already eighty-sixed. Never even saw the dude.

10. Rest In Peace. The year also brought the passing of Cliff and Will. Gone but not forgotten.

Thanks to all who made the year one we'll never forget.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?