Sunday, June 25, 2006

 

My So-Called Life

Since I savaged most of you yesterday, I suppose turnabout is fair play. On the way in this morning I reviewed what I did on Saturday and here's the report. Opened the store early on the off chance someone would stop in to buy the JC Newman Anniversary Humidor for $1400.00. After staring at it for fifteen minutes, I decided I was trying too hard. Time for something more productive...online poker for pretend money. I was doing pretty well until some non-spelling smack-talker got into my head and totally took me off my game. I think he was Asian. Anyway, the line at the register was five people deep so it's probably a good thing I got taken down. Mike came in to relieve me around two and it was off to my sons birthday party. But first things first. I had a coupon for Diet Coke that expired soon so I stopped at Cub. "The Senator" was shopping, too. Came to the conclusion he's probably not a senator. Got home just in time for BBQ beef sandwiches, veggies, fruit, chips and dip, etc. So what's next? A full-on, open mouth, Chuck Berry in the easy chair nap, that's what. After being rudely awakened to the strains of "Happy Birthday", I wandered back to the smell of freshly blown candles for a little dessert. Being diabetic, I was the life of the party for exactly thirty-six minutes...until the cake wore off. Another seemingly brief nap followed before the obligatory good-byes to my parents and in-laws. I figured the "Birthday Boy" had played his new video game long enough...so I took over the PS2 long enough to bitch slap the virtual pros in Tiger Woods '06. Finished just in time to see the last pitch in the Twins win. What a day! Time to get ready for bed.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?